The golden visa – your ticket to freedom, grants you the right of settlement in any of the 28 European Member States. Additionally, the golden visa provides citizenship in a European country and visa-free travel to more than 150 nations. There are a number of countries in Europe who offering golden investor visas, which results in residency and potential citizenship of the EU.
What is the Schengen Area
The Schengen Area, named after “the Schengen Agreement,” signifies an area where 26 different European nations agreed to abolish their internal borders to establish free movement of people, goods, services, and capital. Schengen nations adhere to a common set of rules for controlling external borders.
The Europe Schengen visa countries include Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein. Essentially, if you obtain a Golden Visa from Spain, Cyprus, Greece, or Malta, you’re granted free travel between every other country in the Schengen area.
Benefits of the Golden Visa
The Golden Visa Programme provides individuals and their family freedom, peace of mind and security. There are many benefits to investing in a Golden Visa.
- Permanent Residency in Months – When you invest in a beautiful property in Europe, within a few short months, you’ll obtain permanent residency for yourself and family. A residency in Europe allows you to freely travel throughout the Schengen area.
- A Better Quality of Life – With a golden visa, you’ll enjoy the benefits of living, travelling, studying and working anywhere in Europe. It’s an opportunity to learn and discover European culture and new languages.
- Access to Health Care – With the option of living in Europe, you’ll have access world-class healthcare and education.
- Personal Security – The Golden Visa Programme provides the opportunity to invest and own property in Europe. This property will serve as your home away from home. An ideal option to protect you and your family from the uncertain and unstable political nuances in the region, golden visa holders can decide whether they want to permanently reside in Europe or come and go as they please.
- Investment Opportunities – When you invest in property abroad, you become a global citizen. Your new property allows you to diversify your asset base internationally. Whether you choose to reside in the property or rent it out, you’ll reap the rewards of dual citizenship and visa-free travel.
Cyprus offers both a regular track permanent residency application and a fast track permanent residency application. Investors under the regular track programme must purchase a resale property residence in Cyprus of below 300,000 EUR (excluding VAT). Investment under the fast track programme must purchase a new, non-resale, property residence from a developing company in Cyprus of no less than 300,000 EUR (excluding VAT).
Additionally, applicants must be non-EU residents, hold a valid passport, not possess a criminal record, and show proof of at least 30,000 EUR secured annual, plus 5,000 EUR for each dependent family member. Under the Cyprus PR Programme, parents of both spouses who are dependents can apply for permanent residency.
With low crime rates, fantastic education, and world-class standard health care, Malta is your gateway to free European travel. Malta’s Residency and Visa Programme (MRVP) must make a one-time, non-refundable cash contribution of €30,000. Applicants must also purchase a residence valued at no less than 270,000 EUR or rent a residence no less than 10,000 EUR per year. The applicant must maintain their rental or real estate purchase for a minimum of five years. Additionally, applicants must make an investment of 250,000 EUR in Government Bonds to be held for a minimum of 5 years (a finance option allows applicant to initially invest 170,000 EUR).
Applicants must show proof of an annual income of €100,000 or capital assets of 500,000 EUR. Under the programme, children 26 and under are allowed to apply along with their parent or legal guardian. All applicants for Malta PR must pass a stringent due diligence before being admitted to the Programme.
At Bluemina, we specialise in helping our clients obtain Golden Visa through the Malta and Cyprus PR investment programmes. Contact a member of our team to find out more about which of the Golden Visa countries best suits your needs. We look forward to helping you on your path to becoming a global citizen!